Hydro-seeding, which is sometimes also called hydraulic mulch seeding, hydro-mulching, or hydra-seeding, is a planting process in which a slurry containing seed, mulch, fertilizer, and a bonding agent is sprayed onto the ground. This is a very economical and efficient method of spraying this wetted mixture on bare hillsides and slopes to hold it in place until the ground cover germinates and mature.
Northwoods Sodding maintains a fleet of hydro-seeders for installation of seeds, BFM (Bonded Fiber Matrix), wood fiber, mulch, and SFM (Stabilized Fiber Matrix) products from all leading manufacturers.
Hydroseeding has many advantages to the traditional process of sowing dry seed. The advantages include:
- Promotes quick germination
- Inhibits soil erosion
- Better seed to soil contact
- Contains no weed seed unlike straw or hay
- Hillsides and difficult areas to dry seed can be done easily
- Holds soil in place better than dry seeding
- Better moisture retention
- Very cost-effective alternative to sod
- Offers significant cost savings and many other benefits
At Northwoods Sodding, we provide only the best hydro-seeding service and will not take short cuts. When you call us for a quote, we are going to provide one for a quality stand of grass at a reasonable price. Not only that, but all of our work is guaranteed. Our reputation and the reputation of our hydro-seeding are extremely important to us.